Saturday, August 6, 2011

Week 1 - It's Up to Me



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_o6bDixWKA

“When one talks about the things of the spirit, geography falls away.” Huston Smith

While you are here on my blog, check out some of the RSS YouTube videos above and the video just above. The key words are Religious Experience, Jung, Mysticism, Rumi and I don’t remember what else! This is the area of my interest and education – psychology and religion - and I always look for ways to integrate this into my EMDT studies.

Apropos of our subject this week on copyright issues, religion comes to mind for me and how generally speaking, spirituality transcends our worldly categories. Copyright is a very basic worldly category isn’t it? Much of the strife that religions bring to world is precisely about those who would make spiritual principals into hard and fast laws. We could say in fact that this tension might perhaps be the original copyright argument – My God, your God, Their God, I am God, Oy!


Legislating the human soul is the very old work of civilization. It’s both stultifying, and a factor in creating our identities, helping us make boundaries to speak from, be safe within and ultimately itch to break from. Why should now be any different than ever?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what an amazing insight. I would never made that comparison. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete