Thursday, August 25, 2011

Week Four - Blogger Response 2 to Ctina

Chapter 12. Telling the WE Story: I told you it wasn't about you. Have you been able to tap into the power of combining your expertise and passions with someone equally gifted? Have you had the pleasure of lifting a teammate, student, and stranger, enabling them to realize their dreams and exceed anything that you could have imagined?

I’m so fortunate to work with someone who held my hand through many of the “experiments” of the past year. He and I have adjoining classrooms and our kids constantly intermingle, roaming freely from my room to his and vice versa.Christian is a gifted educator and always willing to share ideas as we develop something with our students, that is both magical and full of possibility. It is because of our own-shared vision that the incredible things, which have graced the pages of my blogs, AR tangents and daily life, have been achievable. There are a number of other people including my professors, my classmates, my critical friends, and my boyfriend who accepted the invite to the WE story. I’m better equipped to frame possibility because of their graciousness and can only hope that I’ve add to their growth as well.

CODA: What’s next?

Well the possibilities are boundless, no?


Sources:

From a Little Spark Bursts a Mighty Flame Image by Mykl Roventine available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/myklroventine/3689364622/

Layers on Layers Image by Mykl Roventine available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/myklroventine/3733194129/in/photostream/

Overhung Image by Mykl Roventine available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/myklroventine/4007603690/in/photostream/

Monochrome Drops by Mykl Roventine available at http://www.flickr.com/photos/myklroventine/3956788033/in/photostream/

1 comments:

Babs said...

As Streisand sings, "People who need people are the luckiest people in the world".
I can stress enough how valuable it has bee for me to be mentored all through my work life - from that first job making sandwiches and being a cashier, to the last, running events for the Bishop of Chicago.
It seems that no matter what poison I am in, I always need a mentor and I always take the opportunity to return the favor to mentor someone else.
These experiences have made my work much more interesting and meaningful after all, it's one thing to get a job done well, it's another when in that process, you create and maintain good relationship's that last and serve far beyond the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment