Monday, September 20, 2010

BP_12_Flash

I choose to learn about Flash this week. I have wanted to for YEARS, and having this assignment to get this started is a gift.

Firstly, I have been in advertising graphic production for over 25 yrs, so I know something about how graphic programs work, and I can do some basic designing, but cannot fully utilize all the capabilities of Photoshop and Illustrator etc. but I am aware of the breath and depth of such capabilities. But those programs are 2 dimensional and static, they don't move!

So, even though I am somewhat familiar with the language and workflows of such programs, I find Flash to be a foreign entity! First because it uses so many different file types, all made more complex because of movement in time. In the center panel above are five red icons for different types you can start with. So, the first thing I learned is that the main type of files are, A.) the working files, that end with .fla suffix - these would be the raw application files, where you INPUT the data and create the project. These would be equivalent to, .doc, .xlxs, or .ps suffixes for MS Word, Excel and Adobe Photoshop respectively. The other type is B.) the file has an .sfw suffix and this would be an OUTPUT file format like a jpeg.
The other types are still a mystery to me, but I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment